The Accessing Union Apprenticeships planning committee is soliciting presenters for their annual event, taking place on Friday, November 5, 2021. Please join us in our endeavors to provide youth and adult career seekers opportunities for a rewarding career.
This event promotes apprenticeship opportunities within the union building trades. The audience will be CTE and STEM educators, career counselors, school administrators, and workforce development professionals.
Since 2010, this highly acclaimed day-long workshop has been providing educators and influencers an opportunity to learn about apprenticeships in the union building trades. Activities have included tours of training centers, hands-on sessions involving applied math and science, and comprehensive sessions detailing how influencers can prepare students to be competitive apprenticeship applicants.
The 2020 event was virtual on Zoom, and we had 200 people register. Because the virtual model allowed increased participation from more remote regions, we are planning a hybrid event for 2021. Virtual sessions will be offered, as well as in-person tours and hands-on breakout sessions at Apprenticeship Training Centers in Portland, Springfield, Tangent, Redmond, and Medford. (In-person is pending state COVID guidelines on gathering).
The past decade yielded huge gains in awareness and interest in career paths in the trades from K-12 and adult career seekers.
You can help keep the momentum going. We are looking for presenters to cover topics such as, but not limited to:
- Accessing and Developing CTE/Pre-Apprenticeship in Rural Areas
- Leading your district to a successful and collaborative partnership with apprenticeship
- How to inform families & influencers (engaging communities in registered apprenticeship)
- Career Exploration and Outreach to Middle Schools and Younger
- Organizing a successful career exploration event
- Hands-on, in-person sessions from union apprenticeship coordinators that offer an applied learning lesson plan as a take-away for educators to use in the classroom
Sessions are 45 minutes long, and we ask that you present 2 sessions. Depending on demand, we may ask you to present multiple sessions.
We ask that virtual presenters assign their own logistics manager, who will manage the waiting room and the chat session. If you cannot provide a logistics manager, we will try to assist you.
To submit a proposal, please visit this link. The deadline to submit a proposal is 4pm on June 15, 2021, and we encourage you to apply early.